Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Rachel's Leadership Experience


"Lead me, Follow me, or get out of my way" is my favorite quote. I love this because I am a natural leader, so if nobody is taking charge I will. I have no problem with following, but I don’t like it when nobody can make decisions.

 

For this project, we are working with high school students to develop a stage that will meet their needs the best. I made sure that the students were engaged and excited about this opportunity. We built stages with marshmallows and toothpicks, which they loved. I also tried to help them feel involved in the stage as much as the process. There are restrictions to what they can help with, but it was also my idea to have them help paint so that they can have more ownership of the project. Generally I was the connection between the high schoolers and my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment